Friday, March 8, 2013

What's Up in April!

Well, how is it possible that this is March 8th ALREADY?!!!  I must put on my St. Patrick's Day shoes and get busy preparing for my next Sparkles Workshop and upcoming Sculptural Pumpkin class at Nashville Needleworks in Nashville, TN...April 19th--21st! 



This will be my second time to teach the mysteries of that mysterious material in a class format, known in the needlepoint world as Sparkles, from Sundance Designs.  It is a tubular, metallic/nylon confection that comes in 27 colors.  (Although, sadly, only 26 are currently available.  One is on back order until mid summer.)  The kit will contain 1 yd of each available color, some Sundance sequins and beads, and 3 canvases with painted designs by me, on which to apply Sparkles. 





Let me just tell you that this material is a "party" on your canvas!  You are only limited in it's use by your own imagination.  I hope you will let me show you how to use it in this class, but hurry and sign up quickly because Time's A'waste'n!!  Call Emily or Lisa at Nashville Needleworks and have them sign you up!

The other class I am excited to teach  at Nashville Needleworks is the Sculptural Pumpkin. 









This project is designed to be stitched ' on the run', without stretcher bars, if desired.   The idea is that you can stitch one section at a time while sitting at the doctor's office, waiting at a red light, or standing in line at the grocery check out!  Seriously now...ya'll already do that, don't you, with portable projects?

Each panel features different stitch patterns, a variety of threads, beads, sequins, crystals, some unusual ribbon work techniques, and the use of memory thread. And, the project offers new and unusual techniques that are fun and beautiful!

The crows that have claimed residence in this pumpkin are not part of the project.  I advise you to obtain your own set of black crows to make this, otherwise very elegant pumpkin, a bit spooky!  Or you can insert dried or silk fall foliage or flowers, to spill out on the sides.  This tabletop decoration will transition from Halloween through Thanksgiving with ease, saving you the angst of deciding what to put on your coffee table or sideboard with the change of holidays!  Who doesn't like Easy?

I look forward to meeting some of you at Nashville Needleworks in mid April.   But remember...sign up soon or....snooze, you lose!



1 comment:

  1. I am amazed by your work and honestly wished that I lived in Nashville just so that I could take your classes! Those needlepoint bugs are so metal.

    ReplyDelete